Guest blogger, Allison, of Couponingfor4.net, shares her top ten foods to treat yourself to on game day.
It’s October! In addition to watching the leaves fall and the days getting shorter, we all know what the month really means- watching football! Whether you are having people over to watch the game or tailgating, food is a huge part of the equation. Here are 10 great foods that you may want to pick up to treat yourself and your guests.
1. Pizza! Need I say more? It’s cheesy, it’s hot, it’s easy to eat with one hand and everyone likes it. Case closed!
2. Chicken Wings! I don’t know about you, but one of the best things to have at any game is wings. You can cook and season them at home if you’re watching calories or pick up a bucket at your local grocery store or restaurant for convenience.
3. Pinwheel Sandwiches! These are a really thrifty option to serve to the crowd. If you’re tight on money, you can pick up all of the ingredients and make your own. Otherwise, your local grocery store would be happy to cater them for you.
4. Mini Eggrolls! You can pick these up in the freezer section of your store or contact your local Chinese Restaurant for an order!
5. Fruit or Veggie Tray! Having a little something fresh on your plate is always a good thing!
6. Taco Dip, Guacamole & Chips! A great protein boost that tastes better with each chip you dip.
7. Fried Mushrooms, Zucchini or Green Beans! Add a little Ranch Dressing and you’ve got some great finger food!
8. Sliders! Whether they are chicken, beef or a combination of both, these satisfying mini-burgers area easy to each while chatting and cheering. Just the right size!
9. Mini Tacos or Taquitos! Add a little salsa and you’ve got a great snack!
10. Brownies and Cookies! Easy to eat and a sweet treat! You really can’t go wrong with either one!
Whatever you plan to cater for your gatherings, try to take advantage of the coupons and offers in your area. There are thrifty ways of going about hosting, so keep a close eye and start collecting those discounts!