Since it is already sweetened, Maple Syrup removes the need to spend precious time on prep work – like preparing alternatives such as simple syrup.
Extra time to sip? Clearly a winner in our book! We’ve compiled a list of some festive syrupy drinks to sweeten your holiday celebrations. Here are some of our favorites:
• 2 oz hot brewed black tea
• 1 oz whiskey
• 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
• 1 oz rum
• 2 Tbsp simple syrup
• 1 drop angostura bitters
• 1 Tbsp butter, unsalted
• chocolate shavings
Brew the tea; set aside. In a tall glass or mug, add whiskey, maple syrup, rum, tea & simple syrup; stir to combine. Pour in bitters & top with butter. Garnish with chocolate shavings & nutmeg.
• 1 1/2 oz. vodka
• 1/2 oz. DeKuyper Buttershots liqueur or butterscotch schnapps
• 1/4 oz. real maple syrup
• 1 oz. half-and-half
• Fresh-ground nutmeg
Pour liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain into a martini glass and top with fresh-ground nutmeg.
• 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
• 1 cup pure maple syrup
• 2 cups dry red wine, such as Pinot Noir
• 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
• 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
• Thin strips of zest from 1/2 lemon
• 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns, crushed
• Pinch of coarse salt
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 2 cups seltzer
Get full directions on MarthaStewart.com
• 2 ounces rye (Knob Creek Rye is good)
• 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
• 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
• 2 dashes bitters
• Pickled cherries
Add the rye, vermouth, maple syrup and bitters into cocktail shaker. Shake it up, pour over good ice in a large and manly rocks glass. Add skewered cherries and drink.
Do you have any secret ingredients you use to spice up your holiday drinks? Tell us!