Whether you’re a foodie looking for adventure or an adventurer looking for great food while you’re on vacation, we’ve come up with the Top 10 Dining Destinations in the US. So pack your bags and get ready to take your taste buds on a journey they won’t forget!
10. Philadelphia, PA – Cheesesteaks, hoagies and soft pretzels make Philadelphia a perfect city for lunchtime travelers looking for a delicious midday meal. Philly restaurants we love include the Jimmy Truck and Steve’s Steaks & Bianca Pizza
9. Washington, D.C. – DC’s physical location makes it a great melting pot for northern and southern flavors. Look for crab cakes and grits to shine on DC menus. Locals also love the “half-smoke” sausage available in food trucks around the city. DC restaurants we love include Oohhs & Aahhs, Smith Commons and LiLLiES Restaurant & Bar.
8. Miami, FL – Latin, Caribbean and US influences combine to create a floribbean flavor unique to the Miami food scene. Don’t miss the fresh fish, Cuban infusions and the fantastic fresh mojitos when you’re traveling to colorful town! Miami restaurants we love include Old Lisbon@ Sunset, Gibraltar and Atrio Restaurant and Wine Bar at The Conrad Miami.
7. Los Angeles, CA – Thanks to its position on one of the largest ports in the world, the blend of ethnic communities and cuisine in Los Angeles makes the foodie scene a unique blend of foreign and familiar flavors. Add to that a near obsession with local farming, and a fresh crop of young chefs with ready access exotic produce, fish and spices from all over the world and you have a food scene that’s not to miss. LA restaurants we love include Z’s Crazy Good, Crossroads at House of Blues and Beso Hollywood
6. Boston, MA – If you’re a fan of lobsta, Boston is the city for you! From fresh lobster dipped in butter or straight from the grill to lobster rolls and creamy lobster bisque, there’s no shortage of ways to devour this subtly sweet, melt-in-your-mouth meat when you’re in Boston. When you visit Boston, give the The Dean’s List, Knight Moves Cafe or The Sunset Cafe a try!
5. San Francisco, CA – Don’t let the cable-car commercials fool you, the city by the bay is known for much more than just Rice-A-Roni. Fresh seafood is amazing here, especially the crab and the cioppino (an Italian fish stew that originated in San Fran). But authentic cuisine from all over the world can be found in neighborhoods in and around the city. Make time for these restaurants when you’re vising the Golden Gate Bridge: Infusion Lounge and Anzu Restaurant.
4. Chicago, IL – If you love pizza, Chicago is the place for you. Home of the deep dish pizza pie; this city will take your dreams of cheesy, saucy goodness to the next level. In addition to their famous hot dogs (topped with yellow mustard, sweet relish, onion, tomato and a dill pickle) Chicago has seen a growing number of gourmet restaurants piloted by famous chefs start peppering the city in recent years. We’re no strangers to Chicago dining! Check out a few of our favorite places like Jaiyen Sushi, Chicago Oyster House and Viand Restaurant.
3. New Orleans, LA – World-famous for its cuisine, the local flavor is a result of centuries of blending Creole, Cajun, French and Southern flavors. Don’t miss the beignets, oysters, boiled crawfish, jambalaya or the gumbo while you’re here. NOLA restaurants we love include Cafe Degas and Biscuits & Buns on Banks.
2. Las Vegas, NV – The crowded casinos you know and love aren’t the only reason to flock to Sin City. Foodies can find both world class restaurants and hole-in-the-wall haunts that offer truly impeccable cuisine. Whether you want an evening with a fancy 5-star menu or a taste of Old Vegas the way Sinatra and the Rat Pack knew it, your next amazing meal awaits you on the strip. Vegas restaurants we love include SNS Diner North and The Street Car Po Boy.
1. New York City, NY – NYC is a veritable melting pot of cultures and cuisines and it’s no surprise it tops our list of dining destinations. Whether you’re craving Albanian, Ethiopian, Puerto Rican, Irish, French, Indian or Dim Sum, you’ll find all these options and more in the Big Apple. NYC restaurants we love include LYBane, Intermezzo and KTCHN.
What are your favorite dining destinations? Did we miss one? Does your city have a local dish that vacationers rave about? Share it below!